Tuesday, November 27, 2012

JAILED SAS hero Danny Nightingale has written an emotional letter telling of his sadness and shock at being locked up for having a trophy pistol.

This will be a common story in the U.S. after Obama Administration get the UN treaty passed banning handguns.


Sgt Nightingale, 37, wrote to wife Sally from the Army’s Military Corrective Training Centre to say he was “struggling to come to terms” with his fate.

He said: “I have often written to you from wherever I have served but never thought I’d be writing to you from prison, let alone one in England. “I was prepared for anything when I went on operations. I knew there was always the chance that I might say goodbye and not return. It comes with the job and I accepted that. But of all of the things I thought might happen, I never expected to be locked away by the country I’ve dedicated my life to serving. I still cannot believe what’s happened.”

The SAS sniper is serving 18 months in military detention in Colchester, Essex, for having an illegal pistol, given to him as a souvenir by grateful Iraqis. A campaign led by mum of two Sally, from Crewe, Cheshire, and backed by The Sun is still fighting to have him freed. Sgt Nightingale has said of the campaign: “It is very humbling to know that so many people believe in you and support you.”


Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/4664794/Hero-Danny-Nightingale-My-shock-at-prison.html#ixzz2DQp9vjJu

No comments:

Post a Comment